The role of an owners corporation is to manage and administer common property in accordance with the relevant owners corporation regulations
The powers, duties and functions of an owners corporation and its members are contained in the regulations and in the owners corporation rules. By employing State Owners Corp to manage your owners corporation, you are ensuring that all requirements are met and that members get the support and assistance they deserve.
Further, you will save time and costly administrative errors.
As professional owners corporation managers, we assume responsibility for the administration of your Owners Corporation. As a result, we take responsibility for all maintenance and administration of buildings and common property belonging to your owners corporation. We also ensure that your owners corporation fulfills its many responsibilities in full compliance with Victorian laws.
Key Duties include:
- The general management and administration of land and buildings in the subdivision including, in particular, any common property
- Taking out and maintaining required insurance, including public liability and building insurance
- Arranging periodic insurance valuation reports for reinstatement and replacement
- Repairing and maintaining the common property, fixtures and services
- Arranging quotations
- Raising fees to meet financial obligations
- Preparing and distributing of levy notices
- Preparing financial statements, budgets, and keeping of financial records
- Providing Owners Corporations certificates to owners and prospective purchasers
- Arranging and implementing of maintenance plan reports and budgets
- Ensuring occupational health and safety requirements are met
- Preparation and distribution of notices, agendas, and minutes
- Taking any action necessary to ensure compliance with regulations, rules and by-laws
- Keeping an Owners Corporation register
- Drafting and lodging special rules with Land Victoria
- Establish a grievance procedure